It’s spring, and I’ve already hit the beach more times than I can count! Obviously this summer is going to be a hot one, and not only because of the weather. Summer means wearing as little as possible, and looking damn hot while doing it. These 5 summer must-haves are perfect for the beach, to an evening with friends. Invest in all 5, and you’ll be set for summer!
- bikinis: obviously the most important summer fashion piece. Make sure to shop for your body shape. If you want to hide your tummy, invest in a tankini. There a some hot full-pieces out there with panels cut from the sides ala’ Audrina from The Hills. If you have a big bust, go for something halter-neck for support. Frilled bottoms are totally cute, along with polka dots, and nautical-inspired stripes. Have fun, mix and match, and wear your bikini with confidence!
- fedoras: Not only do these nifty little hats protect you from dangerous UV rays, but they cover up your matted beach hair at the same time. Fedoras come in all shapes, sizes and colours. Invest in one that can take you from day to night. Don’t be afraid to try ones made for men- my fedora is from menswear and every time I wear it, I get a heap of compliments! Don’t save these hats for the beach- dress them up with shorts and wedges for a night out with friends. Very trendy.
- kaftans: The perfect beach dress to take you from a day at the beach, to a night out. If you can’t afford a Camilla Franks version (that are absolutely AMAZING!), then shop around. Buy one with colours that suit your sunkissed skin, and that compliment your body shape. If you have long legs, opt for a shorter version. If you have a small waist or big bust, buy one that can be belted to compliment your figure. Either way, kaftans are a sexier version of the summer dress. Pair with wedges, and you’re ready for a night out!
- sunglasses: Another accessory that not only looks hot, but protects you from UV rays. It’s worth spending the money on sunglasses, to find a pair that will last you a couple of years. Consider them an investment for your eyes! I am loving the Ray Ban look at the moment- but aviators, oversized, and animal print styles will never go out of fashion! It’s important to find a pair that suit your face- and ones that you can wear with almost any outfit you own. Definately worth taking your time and shopping around until you purchase the perfect pair!
- wedges: The perfect summer shoe (Havianas aside!). These babys are the shoe that makes your casual day look into a super-sexy nighttime outfit. I’m saving up for the perfect pair-something that straps up around the ankle, with a big chunky heel and a splash of colour. Wedges are great as they can be both a nighttime equivalent to a heel, or a daytime casual shoe (dressier than a pair of thongs!). Again, save your money and invest in a pair that will last. Stick to neutral tones like black, white or even navy, as you will get more wear out of them.