If one thing will never go out of style, it’s the jeans and tee combo. Below are ten fool-proof ways to add that extra edge to your day-to-day wear.
1. Scarf: Accesorise with a funky neck scarf- and not the ones you wear in winter! I’m talking ones that add a splach of colour to your outfit. Think prints, silk, or leopard…or all three! Layer up different colours and fabrics and team with a white singlet and jeans for a chic-casual day look.
2. Wedges: Make your casual day-wear extra funky with a pair of wedges. Wedges are the perfect day shoe- not dressy like a stiletto, but still elongating your legs without looking like night-wear.
3. Hats: Go crazy with this one. Think cowboy, beret, caps…anything at all. Not only does it add a touch of personality to your outfit…but it protects you from sun burn too!
4. Head scarfs: For a boho inspired look, wrap a headscarf around your forhead ala’ Nicole Richie. Watch your outfit go from boring, to stylish in an instant!
5. Necklaces: Layer up your necklaces over a simple plain singlet or tee. Anything goes with this trend- mix and match opposing colours and beads, and less is definately not more! It’s all about going overboard with the jewellery.
6. Leather Jacket: Give your look a bad-girl edge by teaming your jeans with a leather jacket. Perfect for those cooler days, your leather jacket can easily take you from day to night. Team with boots for instant street cred.
7. Bracelets: The same goes here as with necklaces. Pile them up to your elbow if you can, and don’t even think about matching or coordinating colours or styles. Just don’t team necklaces with bracelets- there is such a thing as over-kill.
8. Sunnies: Never underestimate the power of a good pair of sunnies. I’m loving aviators at the moment- but invest in a pair that really accentuate your face. Big sunnies will never go out of fashion, nor will Ray Bans. It’s all about your own personality. Have fun with them!
The jeans and tee combo never has to be boring. Mix up your day wear with accesories and shoes and, above all, don’t be afraid to try new things! It’s the only way you’ll learn what looks suit you and what looks don’t!