It was the world of beauty pageants that introduced Tyler Bennett (StarCentral Magazine’s Swimsuit Model of the Month for June 2017) to modelling. After reaching the Grand Finals of Miss Teen Great Britain in January 2014, she found herself inundated with messages from photographers on social media. But being a total newcomer to the industry, Tyler admits, “I was clueless! So, I browsed the internet and found the London School of Modelling. I applied, thought nothing of it, and then I was accepted. So, I travelled to London, completed my training and went on the hunt for an agency.” Unfortunately, her experience with agencies was an unpleasant one so, she made the decision to go out on her own and she found her career taking off!
Modelling has quickly proven to be the 20-year old’s dream job. She has loved being able to make the friends that she has through the industry and she reveals, “I know people from all across the country and the experiences I’ve had are amazing. One day you’re standing in a muddy field wearing 6-inch heels and the next you’ve got a message asking if you can fly out to Marbella (Spain) tomorrow morning for a shoot. It’s mad!” She also shares that she loves “meeting people and hearing their own individual stories. They all interest me as each person has a different background.”
The modelling industry is by no means an easy one. As well as her early unsavoury dealings with modelling agencies, the Welsh beauty has felt the pressure of being ‘on display’, so to speak, in the public eye. Tyler confesses that “it’s hard and at first I used to struggle with it, I would never go anywhere with no makeup on…” But her time in the modelling world has taught her “that no matter what you do, people are always going to have something to say. You could be the most successful person in the world and people will still try and bring you down. I have learned to ignore it, all the nasty comments mean nothing to me anymore, if anything they motivate me to do better,” she shares. She adds that “I have always stayed true to myself, I have never let it get to my head and I’ve never let it get too much by taking on more than what I can handle, I think this is important. I also like to keep certain aspects of my life private which helps a lot…”
The adventure-loving (she enjoys motocross and has been sky-diving, bungee jumping and abseiling. She also holds a black belt in Taekwondo) South Wales-based stunner, who also does charity work in her spare time, hopes for modelling to be a full-time career one day. But, Tyler doesn’t want to stop there. She reveals that “I have recently been accepted into an open University course, I’ve wanted to be a lawyer since I was about 5 so I’m glad that I will finally be able to start working towards a Law degree.” Great things await Tyler Bennett!
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. Last good movie I’ve seen: The last film I watched was ‘Nerve’ and it was so gripping! I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen!!
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? To me personally, I think that confidence is the most beautiful trait someone could have. When you’re confident in yourself and what you’re doing it radiates and makes the people around you feel the same.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? Travel. There are so many countries I would love to see, I just don’t have the spare time at the moment! As soon as I have the chance I am just going to jet off to a random place and start my journey there.
4. Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d…” quit my job and jump on the next plane to Ibiza!
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? I am quite forward, and sometimes I get myself into trouble but I wouldn’t change it as I am always honest and I will always tell you exactly what I’m thinking, which is what I expect from people.