Photos by Chris Parker
Finding one’s purpose and passion in life is in no doubt, invaluable. For Lyndl Kean, Miss Earth Australia 2016, this has been the most valuable lesson since she joined the Miss Earth Australia beauty pageant – “The most valuable thing during my pageant career has been the self-development. I’ve come so far as a person and wouldn’t be the person I am today without the pageant industry. I would recommend doing this to anyone who may be lacking motivation or feeling a little lost.” Describing herself as “very down-to-earth, caring with a good sense of humour,” Lyndl first became involved with beauty pageants when she saw how it opened doors to opportunities. She then began to see “it as a way to set a new and exciting challenge for myself.” Being part of the Miss Earth Australia beauty pageant was quite a memorable experience for the Aussie beauty. She especially loved “the bond formed with my fellow winners and seeing what we can achieve as a team has really made me proud and left me inspired me to do more.” That awakened passion for environmental advocacy received resounding validation when she entered the Miss World Australia beauty pageant back in 2014. Lyndl was awarded the title: ‘Beauty With A Purpose.’ High praise indeed after raising over $30,000 for sick and disadvantaged children.
Outside her life as a beauty queen, Lyndl is a very busy international model having worked in The USA, Sri Lanka, Philippines, New Zealand, Hawaii, Italy, and China. She has graced catwalks at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, modeled for big brands such as MAC Makeup, Pastiche Jewellery, and Mavi Jeans, and has been featured on print ads and commercials for athletic wear, jewelry, fashion, and swimwear. She’s recently become a qualified TV presenter and plans to work more in this field.
A self-proclaimed “big traveler” and budding life coach (“I love to motivate and inspire others to believe in themselves and chase their dreams no matter how wild they are!”), Lyndl has nothing holding her back from all she wants to achieve.
Lightning Fast Round:
1. Last good movie I’ve seen: Seven Pounds with Will Smith… What a tear jerker!
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? Nature, because it has a sense of innocence and adventure about it.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? Visit the Great barrier reef and Uluru, I’ve traveled so much around the world and feel guilty for not exploring my home country.
4. Complete this sentence: “If I had no fear, I’d be…” exactly where I am because I don’t let fear affect me in life.
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? My nerves, I get nervous about a lot of things but this makes me who I am and its a part of life.