Article by: Christian
Caleb Minter, our Male Youtube Artist of the Month for October 2013, began his singing career performing in church when he was 13 years old in Henderson, Tennessee. With this kind of exposure –like most great singers – it is no wonder that his skills and talent has been honed through the years.
How he affects people positively through his performances is his driving force to continue singing. He says, “I enjoy most about performing when I see people in the audience with smiles on their faces from watching me share my gift.”
He wishes to use that influence – through his gift – to be a role model for the youth and to set a good example.
He has performed in a lot of venues through the years but the most memorable one was in a place that’s close to his heart and among people that he knows. He recalls, “My most memorable performance was when I performed on my campus, Middle Tennessee State University and got a standing ovation from my peers!”
Going through the motions of pursuing a music career, he has learned a lot of things along the way through the interesting people that he has met – people who have begun as underdogs but succeeded to be the best in the industry. He says, “The most valuable lesson I’ve learned is to ALWAYS BE YOURSELF regardless who’s around or watching.”
It’s a good thing then that his family has been nothing but supportive of his ambitions and are in fact the ones who push him to be the best that he can be – a fact that he has been nothing but ecstatic about.
With the future shining so bright for him, it is no wonder then that he has focused and highly specific plans for his career.
“I’m working on a project at the moment and soon will be releasing my first single entitled “Say It”. I graduate from MTSU on December 14, 2013. Then I plan to move to Atlanta to pursue music as a career.” Caleb has also just released his first mixtape titled: “I Just Wanna Be Heard” – a combination of covers and original songs. It’s available for download on his website.
With his passion, positive attitude and drive for excellence, it wouldn’t be surprising if he achieves all of his goals. He is truly an inspiration and example for the youth.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? I wish to one day open for Beyonce, tour with Usher, and John Legend.
2. Favourite place in the world and why? My favourite place in the world is with family because they truly love and support me regardless of the circumstance.
3. The 5 things you can’t live without? I can’t live without salvation, family, music, determination, and perseverance.
4. Complete this sentence: “I’m a sucker for…” I’m a sucker for great music because it takes me to different realm of life.
5. Your best way to combat nerves…. My best way to combat nerves is to breathe deeply and repeat to myself that I can do all things through Christ.
YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/TheSongsta2012
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/caleb.e.minter
Official website: http://www.calebssoul.com/