Like love, age does not matter when it comes to acting. This is what Mackenzie Curtis has proven as she traipsed her way to become StarCentral Magazine’s Promising Actress of the Month for the month of November 2014. She is an 18-year old University student who has her head in politics and acting. Currently, she is based in Melbourne while carving her path to conquer her dreams in a competitive world.
Film and TV industry can be a tricky world. It is filled with unimaginable amount of talented people and getting inside their world is a challenge that Mackenzie starts to surmount at an early age. Although, her journey is tainted with pessimistic people who sometimes trampled her dream, her passion and young spirit always triumphed over them. Mackenzie has learned to stand tall against the difficulties and she kind-heartedly shares that the industry needs more aspiring actors who can stay who they really are and who would fight for what they believe is right.
While hard work and dedication made her to be discovered in this field, Mackenzie strongly surmised that being truthfully passionate about your craft is what really attracts big breaks and endless acting stints. During the interview, Mackenzie has let us into her world by sharing her memorable acting experience with Luci Schroder. The short film they made together later on became the music video for Vance Joy’s Mess is Mine. The effort and dedication she brought into that job confirmed her deep love for acting.
Mackenzie fancies meeting people who share the same aspiration as hers. Working with different individuals who carry different backgrounds and experiences is extremely interesting for this young lady who loves spending quality time with her loved ones. Mackenzie was born in a big family with a very creative background. She has eight siblings, which as you can guess, shower her with overflowing support and encouragement. They are also the same people who would pull her back to reality if needed.
Human experience attributes largely to one’s effective acting skills. This echoes true for Mackenzie. She takes delight in being able to move in a creative environment while exploring various characters and playing with different human emotions. Furthermore, she also targets to enrich herself more with deep traveling experiences that will eventually bring magic to her performance. Mackenzie Curtis hopes to study acting in America and yes, while she may be young, her dream has already started.
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ ROUND:
1. Last good movie I’ve seen. Matthew Frost’s short film titled Aspiration and Gone Girl. David Fincher is an amazing director and the actors were just honest, beautiful and amazing!
2. What do you consider beautiful and why? Natural, self-confidence is really nice and quite striking. You don’t see that a lot.
3. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? Travel overseas. I’ve only ever been in Australia and there is so much of the world I would love to see and learn from them.
4. Complete this sentence: “if I had no fear, I’d…” Swim with orcas, hang out with some lions. Something ridiculously dangerous like those.
5. What is the one “flaw” you wouldn’t change about yourself? My red hair. When I was young, I would get teased a bit for it but now that I’m older, I really appreciate it because it sets me apart and helps me stand out.
StarCentral Hot Deals