Meet Poppy Schokker, singled out as the Model of the Night at StarCentral’s Creatives Uncovered Fashion Show held last year. This charming, blonde, blue-eyed beauty who possesses the face of an angel is swiftly establishing herself on the modeling scene.
Her career in the modeling industry had a humble start. She started modeling at 17 years old but waited until completing high school before taking on more jobs. Her first experiences where in doing promotions for events at clubs. But this year has seen the now 20-year old rack up some amazing achievements. Not only did she take part in Miss Universe WA, an event that helps decide who will represent Australia in the Miss Universe Pageant, Poppy participated in, and won, Miss Bikini Universe Australia. As the title-holder, in the finale, “…I was able to walk on stage with big wings on and in that moment, I felt pretty incredible…”. She would go on to represent Australia in the international version of the pageant to be held in China. And of course, as StarCentral’s Model of the Night at Creatives Uncovered.
First inspired by the show, Australia’s Next Top Model, Poppy has found herself fascinated by the creative side of the industry. She loves having the opportunity “…to meet so many creative artists and being able to see their vision and make it happen, it’s an incredible feeling…I’m now inspired by being able to achieve desired results by designers…” Her time in the modeling world has also taught her that “…no one person is better than another regardless of race, money, power, religion or anything, so therefore you should always approach every person with equal respect…”
Her recent success may have taken Poppy by surprise! “…To be honest, I haven’t really made a plan for my career. I’m taking every day as it comes and preparing to say yes to all avenues and experiences that are thrown my way. As long as I am happy and enjoying life, I cannot complain…” And she can also count on the 100% support of her family.
Poppy Schokker. Remember that name! She’s already worn the ‘wings’ once and if the fates get it right, may do so again wearing some very famous lingerie synonymous with sexy, sassy and stunningly beautiful. All adjectives that fit Poppy to a tee!
‘LIGHTNING FAST’ Round:
1. What haven’t you done yet that you wish you could? I haven’t had the option to travel the world yet and that is something I have always wished for and I am working towards making that happen.
2. Favourite place in the world and why? I haven’t experienced enough to say I have a favourite place yet but I very much love sunsets when the weather is warm, wherever that may be.
3. The 5 things you can’t live without? Friends, water, laughter, good music and my senses
4. Complete this sentence: “I’m a sucker for…” I’m a sucker for new adventures.
5. Your best way to combat nerves…. I have never actually thought about how I combat my nerves because I suppress them pretty quickly and I guess the best way I do that is by telling myself that “If I didn’t do whatever it was I am nervous about, would I regret it?” And I guess that makes my decision easier and choose to overcome the nerves.
StarCentral Hot Deals