Have you ever bought a pack of false lashes only to take them home and struggle, get glue everywhere and throw the whole resultant mess in the bin? Or, have you applied them only to go out on the town and have one peel on a corner of your eyes? False lashes can be tricky but you shouldn’t miss out on all the fun. Transform your natural lashes for a natural yet sexy look. Or go for dramatic and spectacular designs when you are ready to party. Look for strip lashes for the easiest application (individual lashes are a bit trickier).
Get the right tools:
1. False Lashes:
You don’t have to use the most expensive or elaborate lashes to get a good result. For a natural look, go for finer lashes or half lashes. These are applied on the outer corner of your eye for a flirty, yet elegant flutter. For a more dramatic look there are glitter lashes, feather lashes, jewelled lashes… the opportunities are endless.
2. Lash Applicator:
Look out for lash applicators at your favourite cosmetic store or online. They make for a very useful investment.
3. Quality Lash Adhesive:
Most lashes come with adhesive in the box but you can purchase high quality glue separately.
4. Manicure Scissors
An essential item for everyday and useful for trimming lashes.
Square tipped tweezers are best for use with false eyelashes.
Look for nib-style eyeliners for easy use.
7. Waterproof Mascara
Waterproof mascara will bond with your eyelashes and the false lashes and will ensure your eye makeup remains smear-proof.
- Hold lashes to your eye area to make a judgment on the required length. Trim to required length with manicure scissors. You can also trim lashes at the inner corner for a more graduated look.
- Invest in a lash applicator to keep your fingers glue free while applying. Take your false lash band and place in the applicator ¾ length down the lash band (you can refer to package instructions). You can then apply the glue straight to lash band with minimal fuss. Wait 10 seconds for the glue to become tacky.
- Hold lashes to the edge of your shut eyelid for a full 30 seconds. Then unclamp applicator.
- Apply liquid eyeliner behind the edge of the strip lashes on your eyelid. This will blend the edge for a seamless look. Allow to dry with your eyelid shut for 30 seconds.
- Apply waterproof mascara to bond your lashes and the false lashes and create a natural, finished look.
Enjoy your new sexy fluttered peepers! x
Model Image: inmymakeupbag.blogspot.com