It is a well known fact that tomorrow, the 25th of April, Australians will be celebrating Anzac Day. Tomorrow we will actually be commemorating the soldiers who served at the Gallipoli Peninsula, they’ve definitely made us proud to be Australians. Decades later after their heroic act, the word ‘Anzac’ has since then been added to our vocabulary and the notion of the Anzac spirit was thus born.
Now in the spirit of Anzac, I have searched around and found the top 5 best ways to spend your public holiday this upcoming Anzac Day all around Australia:
1. Head down to your local RSL club, this is where the celebrations start at the crack of dawn and the drinking won’t stop even when the sun goes down! Have a few commemoratory beers and play a game of two-up and see if you are lucky enough to win yourself some extra cash for your next round of drinks. I’m pretty sure your local RSL will have various other entertainment including wreath laying, commemorating marches around the town and services so check with your local club to find out their plans and raise a glass to those who has served Australia.
2. If you are looking for something a bit more relaxed and tradtional then head down to Sydney’s beautiful Hyde Park to witness the march and commemorative service at the Anzac Memorial between 9am -12;30am. The parade commences at 9:00 am, corner Pitt Street and Martin Place. The route for the march is via Pitt Street, Martin Place, George and Bathurst Streets, then through to Elizabeth Street.
3. Depending on whether you are an early bird or a late bloomer, you can visit The Centaph at Martin Place in the bustling Sydney, City. There will be a Dawn Service and a Sunset service ceremony there to lay tribute to the heroes of our country.
4. For those of you who live in Canberra, the best place to celebrate is at the Australian War memorial in Cambpell. Dawn services will begin tomorrow at 5.30am, there will be a march at 10:15am followed by the Australian War Memorial National Ceremony.
5. Now your other option is to celebrate with all your friends and family. Invite them over for a BBQ, a few beers and wines and pop on the telly to view the national ceremonies happening all throughout Australia – and don’t forget the Anzac day cookies as a special treat. Have a great Anzac day everyone!
Image source: http://www.gallipolitours.com/resimler/anzac-day-gallipoli.jpg, http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jTjvA1lZcp8/TbS_YeAQqqI/AAAAAAAABXU/zSijiTFUXmU/s1600/AnzacGallipoli_wideweb__470x313%252C0.jpg